Contact Us
Creation Model
Noah's Ark
Hyperbaric Biosphere
Creation In Symphony Videos Now Online
Watch the entire video series on our YouTube Channel
Noah's Ark Replica
Dramatic 25 Foot Detailed Replica
Biosphere Project
Re-creating What It Was Like Before Noah's Flood

Creation Devotional July 18 - Biblical Accuracy

Daily Devotional – July 18

Biblical Accuracy


Did you realize that North American alligator almost went extinct in the 1960s? In response to this situation, alligators were put on the endangered species list in 1967. But this alone did not help in saving them as their numbers continued to decrease. Then an interesting plan was set in place – alligator farms! Alligator farmers started going out into the wild to collect alligator eggs. They raised these gators in captivity for two years and promised to return 20% of the adults back into the wild. The remaining 80% were sold for hides and meat. The result, alligator meat and hides became less expensive – making poaching unprofitable.


The alligator population has increased to such an extent, today that today they are off the endangered species list. God has called us to manage and care for His Earth, and He created mankind in His image – with the creativity to do just that. Who would have thought of saving alligators through farming?


And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

~ Genesis 1:28


Source: "Pearls in Paradise" by authors Bruce Malone and Jule Von Vett

References for this devotional.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Creation Evidence Museum
of Texas is a 501(c)3 non-profit
educational museum chartered
in Texas in 1984 for the purpose
of researching and displaying
scientific evidence for creation.

3102 FM 205
Glen Rose, Texas 76043
Phone: 254-897-3200

Map Pin   Location Map


Thursday - Saturday
10am - 4pm


$5 Per Person
FREE - Children 5 & Under

Creation Evidence Museum Building

Use & Privacy Policy  |  Site Map

All contents © 2013 Creation Evidence Museum of Texas. All rights reserved. Please note that any use of content downloaded or printed from this site is limited to
non-commercial personal or educational use, including "fair use" as defined by U.S. copyright laws.