Daily Devotional - January 9
Imagine you are an engineer working for Tupperware and given the following assignment - design a new container and its food with the following characteristics(1):
- The container is one color when the contents are not aged sufficiently for peak taste, then changes to a different color when the food is perfect to eat, and changes to a third color when the food inside has gone bad.
- The container is hard to open when the food is not ready to eat and easy to open when the food is ripe.
- The food inside changes texture as it ages. During transport the food is hard and durable. At peak taste the contents will soften to a perfect texture, and once past prime, it will become soft and gooey.
- The food inside naturally contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals.(2)
- It is so easy to produce that billions can be sold at a few pennies per unit.
- The shape allows for single-handed handling, opening and eating while talking on the phone or conversing with a friend.
- The serving size is perfect for one average adult without waste.
- One last specification is that the food and container are capable of reproducing themselves. A team of thousands of engineers, working for their entire career, might as well quit and find other jobs because they have been assigned a humanly impossible task. Yet, we already have it - the banana! God shows His power through what He has made; He truly is the Master Engineer!
O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
~ Psalm 34:8