Daily Devotional - January 27
Have you considered the poisonous snake’s venom and delivery system? This amazing delivery system is intricately designed, requiring eight parts:
- Venom - either a neurotoxin or hemotoxin.
2. Venom gland to store venom.
3. Canal to transfer the venom to the fangs.
4. Hollow fangs, like a hypodermic needle, to inject the poison.
5. Muscles to contract the venom reservoir.
6. A nervous system to signal the muscles to contract.
7. Spring loaded fangs to drop down when ready to bite.
8. Instincts to know when and how to use all this against prey or predator.
All these parts needed to be present from the beginning for venomous snakes (such as the rattlesnake or cobra) to be able to deliver their venom, kill its prey, and have their lunch. If everything was present except for the hollow fangs, it would not work. If there was no venom, it would be just a bite. If the fangs were not able to drop down, the snake would poison itself. What good is “part of a snake”? All the parts needed to be there from the beginning. When we see such intricate designs, we know there must be a Designer, and that would be God.
He shall suck the poison of asps: the viper’s tongue shall slay him.
~ Job 20:16