Daily Devotional – February 13
Most Christians are not aware that there is much evidence supporting the belief that dinosaurs lived only thousands of years ago - alongside of mankind. Here is a brief list:
- The archaeological evidence: For example, the engravings in brass around Bishop Bell’s tomb at Carlisle Cathedral in the north of England dated 1491 show two intertwined long-necked dinosaurs. Worldwide, there are many dinosaurs depicted in ancient sculptures, paintings, and carvings. The variety and frequency of such evidence supports the reality that mankind has lived with these creatures.
- Soft tissue has been found inside of multiple dinosaur bones, which means they must have been buried recently, not millions of years ago.
- DNA has been found in dinosaur bone cells, which means they must be relatively young.
- Carbon-14 has been found in dinosaur bone. C-14 is used to date organic matter (not rocks), and it has a short 5,730 year half-life. After about 100,000 years, there should be no detectable C-14 left. Yet, C-14 levels hundreds of times above the equipment detection limit has been found.
- Before the word “dinosaur” was invented, creatures fitting the description of dinosaurs were mentioned in the Bible - the Behemoth of Job 40:15-41 and the Leviathan of Job 41.
Dinosaurs have been the “poster child” used to promote the belief in evolution for decades. With these findings, dinosaurs can now be missionaries of biblical truth. Everyone loves dinosaurs. Let’s show people how they fit a recent biblical creation viewpoint far better than a millions-of-years evolutionary perspective.
Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook…. Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out. Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron. His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.
~ Job 41:1, 19-21
Source: "Pearls in Paradise" by authors Bruce Malone and Jule Von Vett