Daily Devotional – February 10
Have you considered that the earth is perfectly designed for life?
- The right rate of spin. 24 hours is just right. If the earth spun slower, nights would become colder, and days would be hotter.
- The right length of year. Winters are just short enough for creatures to survive while summers are just long enough for plants to produce food for us to eat.
- The right axis of rotation tilt. This tilt produces the seasons. Winter and summer seasons trigger the timing of when plants bloom and creatures court.
- The right distance from the sun. If earth were 10 % closer to the sun, earth would feel like a furnace. If it were 20% farther away, we would be an icy desert.
- The right orbit. Earth’s orbit is nearly circular. This allows the sun to evenly heat us.
- The right surface smoothness. The earth surface is surprisingly smooth. If the mountains were only 10% higher, the local weather conditions would be extreme.
- The right materials. Apart from the organic materials such as wood, earth has an abundance of the right kind of metals: aluminum, iron, lead, tin, copper, zinc, titanium, gold, silver, etc. The most abundant also tend to be the most useful!
The earth is perfectly designed for life!
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
~ Isaiah 45:18
Source: "Pearls in Paradise" by authors Bruce Malone and Jule Von Vett