The theory of Evolution envisions a physical and mental development of early man from primitive life forms. However, the documented facts tell a far different story. Man has been uniquely endowed by his Creator from his introduction on Day Six.
I. Superior Intellect from the Beginning
In the book, Panorama of Creation, this author has listed fifty-six characteristics that Pre-Flood man, from Adam forward, possessed. As a society, only superior cultures have been documented as possessing all of these specific characteristics cumulatively. Among those fifty-six, ten are listed here:
- Conceptual Analysis: “And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him” (Genesis 2:20). The fact that specific names were given to all varieties of separate groups with emphasis on distinctions among them, requires the ability to conceptualize objectively. In order to determine that none of the individuals under consideration would be intimately compatible with the observer further enhances the evidence that the observer had mature self-awareness and mental acumen.
- Comparative Distinctions: “…gave names to all cattle…and to every beast of the field…” (Genesis 2:20). Distinction is made between groups; comparison and nomenclature are assigned accordingly.
- Synergistic Language: “And Adam said, this is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh…” (Genesis 2:23, 24). Languages that feature enlarged expression, enhanced from preceding statements, require complicated emotional and mental capabilities.
- Poetic Declamation: “…bone of my bones…flesh of my flesh…called Woman (‘from man’)…taken out of man…leave his father and mother…cleave unto his wife…they shall be one flesh…” (Genesis 2:23, 24). This is first a form of complicated poetic expression; but it is also a progressive statement encompassing origin, state, and destiny of the speaking person (Adam) and the recipient (Eve) to be heard and observed by future generations (leave Father and Mother). Any concept of “evolving man” is totally incapable of explaining this speech form.
- Incident Reference: “…knew…conceived…have gotten a man…” (Genesis 4:1). A conscious reference is made to intimate physical relations, conception, and birth. Detailed sensitivities are honorably expressed with a deliberate emphasis on time and events.
- Religious Preoccupation: “…brought an offering unto the Lord…” (Genesis 4:3,4). Religious exercise is ascribed to sophisticated man alone. Here we observe conscious religious activity with a specific offering to a specific God.
- Moral Designation: “…whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold…” (Genesis 4:15). Moral responsibility and consequences in the event of failure are clearly defined. Protection and restriction relating to the guilty party are also enforced.
- Offspring Endowment: “…and called the name of the city after the name of his son…” (Genesis 4:17). Filial endowments are recognized as being among the “ultimate resource and expression” of advanced Homo sapiens sapiens.
- Artistic Appreciation: “…all such as handle the harp and organ…” (Genesis 4:21). A “guild association” is implied within this statement. Such responsive appreciation in harmony with skillful dexterity would warrant applause from any historian looking back on this generation.
- Purposeful Motivation: “Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he…” (Genesis 6:22). Emphasis is placed on the words “all,” “commanded,” and “did.” Noah (and his family) had the physical, mental, and volitional capacity to follow purposeful instruction with conscious extended performance.
II. Abrupt Appearance of Intelligent Man
When history is properly interpreted, it has been demonstrated that Intelligent Man (comparable to Modern Man) appears fully functional, without intermediate fossils evolving from lower life forms: “There are no actual fossils directly antecedent to man.” ( L.B. Halstead, Nature, 20 Nov., 1980, p. 208). The major players in the “Ape to Man” myth have been re-examined and interpreted more correctly:
- Homo erectus and Homo sapiens… “H. erectus…is insufficiently distinct from H. sapiens. All fossil remains of H. erectus and archaic H. sapiens (including Neanderthals) should be reclassified into a single species, H. sapiens, which is to be subdivided only into races.” (New Scientist, “On the Origin of Races,” January 16, 1993)
- Neanderthal Comparison to Modern Humans… “Detailed comparisons of Neanderthal skeletal remains with those of modern humans have shown that there is nothing in Neanderthal anatomy that conclusively indicates locomotor, manipulative, intellectual or linguistic abilities inferior to those of modern humans.” (Erik Trinkaus, Natural History 87, 1978: 10)
- The Aurignacian People…Contemporaries with Neanderthal They lived in the Ach Valley of the Alb-Danube Region of Germany. A Star Chart of Orion1 was carved on a Mammoth tusk by these people who also lived as contemporaries with Job.
As Job’s consultants knew about the Creator and his association with mankind, these contemporary people would have the same general knowledge of the Creator and his splendors in the heavens.
 Carl E. Baugh, Panorama of Creation, Bible Belt Publications, Bethany, OK, 1992, pp. 27-40